home | about | contact | projects | shop | sponsor

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

In The House

Hello hello! Well it has been a little quiet over here but that doesn't mean there isn't anything going on... Last Friday was our blogiversary, and that unintentionally put a little extra stress on me but, in a good way. It really got me thinking about this/my blog and I why I started it... I wanted my first post of my second year of blogging to be awesome, inspirational and a showcase of myself moving forward but, really that just left me with a case of writers block that I haven't witnessed since my college days... oh, the pressure. Funny thing is, pressure doesn't get to me in a motivational way to get me to do something, it actually does the opposite. I shut down and get this "I don't have to do anything I don't want to do" attitude and therefore procrastinate. Usually I snap out of my procrastination within a day because it has given me time to process my ideas and inspiration and get going again but, I will admit I have been pretty distracted for the past week with all that is going on. I blame this insane heatwave of 108+ degrees for the past 10 days for my lack of consentration. As well as other things... Tomorrow, my MR. turns 30 years old! I really cannot believe it, we got together when he was just 23. With such a special birthday there is always gift pressure, and you know how well I do with pressure, so this year I have opted out of the traditional 'birthday present'... not because I couldn't deal with the pressure but, because of a new budget the MR. and I are on. I had been trying to come up with something in our budget that I could buy to give as a gift to commemorate this milestone but, in the long run I would just be spending money we didn't have just to give some thing so that I could feel like a good wife. I prefer a more DIY approach when it comes to giftgiving anyways but I think the number 30 threw me off into thinking that a GIFT was in order. Thank goodness I snapped out of that and got the creativity flowing. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make my MR.'s special day just that. I will be attempting a delicious sweet treat that I found in the pages of one of my dessert cookbooks from the 1970's and we will also be fortunate enough to get out of town for a few days and escape this heat. Im super lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to help me put this together, they are seriously earning me major wife points! 

Oh, so why did I start this blog you ask?  I started this blog to showcase my vintage shops on Etsy and Market Publique, and the vintage inspired lifestyle that I love. As well as a way for me to document my ever changing inspirations, interests and day to day. I've noticed that I always seem to have my editor hat on when I get inspired and often omit a lot of the things that make up my life, my lifestyle and Hella Vintage. That's changing. I plan on incorportaing all of the above. Don't expect these long heart to heart rambles every week but do expect more shop updates, more one of a kind items, a little blog makeover with some changes, more art, music, pretty things, empowering women, housewife days, vintage finds, shop my closet, DIY and baking attempts, trends I dig and 
lots and lots of animals!

Above photo: A portion of my pets that I spend my day with or as I like to say, my fan club! Abbernathy, Hershel, Beatrix and Pizza Hut. 
Not pictured Sebastion, Frank, Barry, Pichachu and Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment