home | about | contact | projects | shop | sponsor

Sunday, January 1, 2012

26 Before 27


Sooo, I celebrated my 26th birthday last month on December 19th and I made a birthday list of resolutions for myself... Last year I started to become very goal oriented and a few months back I started coming up with a few goals that I wanted to set for myself for the upcoming year. This was just a few personal goals to start out with but the idea for the actual birthday list was inspired by Elsie of A Beautiful Mess. Her post left me inspired to make my own "26 before 27" list. I feel like this will be such a fun way to reach some goals that I have been putting off and a great reminder of what I would like to accomplish. I can't wait to check back in 365 days! Well, here are my 26 goals that I would like to accomplish before my 27th birthday... xoxo!

1. Become my own boss. Im close, I just need to trust myself, set realistic goals and take that leap of faith. This will be the year for sure. I have some exciting new announcements for Hella Vintage coming up! With so much clarity and a strong focus Im exactly where I what to be. Now, the next step... 
2. Take our wedding photos. The MR. and I got married in September of 2010, well should I say eloped, and we discussed an entire concept that we wanted to capture as our wedding portrait, but...still no picture...
3. Make a teepee. Im obsessed! I have been wanting to do this since my husband and I moved in with each other years ago, create a faux environment in the house. Ive always wanted to make a teepee. When I was younger I would go play at this girls house and she had a teepee in her "play room" well, I still want one! 
4. Learn to sew...again. For real, if you don't use it you lose it.
5. Fix the clothing in my alteration pile or just get rid of it. Need I say more.
6. Learn to cook. Yep, I am not the best in the kitchen unless sugar and baking are involved.
7. Have a mother/daughter day. I love spending time with my mom and we do all kinds of things together but sometimes its nice to just have a special day.
8. Spend some time with my grandparents. Time well spent.
9. Take a road trip. My dream is to take that crazy road trip across the USA and stop at all the weird road side stuff like largest ball of yarn and what not. But, I would settle for any type of trip. The MR. and I have a pretty good list started for 2012.
10. Volunteer. You always think you have it rough but there is always someone else out there who could be hurting more than you, reaching out makes a big difference.
11. Get back into ballet. I started taking ballet when I was 6 years old and maintained my skills through college and after. I even have a few dvd's to practice with at home...and point being...use them! haha
12. Spend more time with my friends. Unfortunately I don't live super close to any of my friends. They are all within driving distance and I should make the drives more often.
13. Make 2 lookbooks for Hella Vintage. It's all happening this year!!
14. Make more phone calls. I need to get over my awkwardness and make more phone calls to the ones I care about. I am guilty of being a texter when I have so many other resources like ichat or the good ol' fashioned phone.
15. A weekend away with my husband. Yes, please!
16. Really start saving for Hawaii. Seriously! My husband and I went to Hawaii in February of 2010 and pretty much since we have come back all we have talked about is going back. We save and plan but good ol' life gets in the way sometimes. Well this year, no excuses!
17. Ride my bike more. I received a sweet cruiser as a wedding present and started riding my bike to work over the spring/summer months. Its so fun. I just need to stop being such a baby and get out there and ride it more.
18. Walk the dogs more. We have 2 dogs, a pomeranian and a pit bull. We take them for walks on the weekends and sometimes if they are lucky they even get a few days during the week, well we always talk about changing that, time for dog walk schedule!
19. Take more pictures. Yes, yes, yes!!! The MR. and I are SO bad at this, this is a major must!
20. Celebrate the holidays. Oh yes! I just love the holidays and decorating and baking festive treats. I always try and make them special and fun. I forgot a few this year and I don't ever want to let the little things slip by again. Each day is too special.
21. Make and send more handmade cards. I love love love to receive a handmade card just as about as much as I like to make them.
22. Take real days off from work. Here, here!
23. Get tattoos finished. YES!!
24. Make an effort to eat a plant based diet. I go back and forth all the time on the meat, no meat. Really, I dont like eating it, and it makes me sick but its so easy to slip back into habits. This year I am making a full effort to stick with my decision not just for me but for my MR. I want a long happy life with him!
25. Learn to make a pie from scratch. I've heard my cousin Melanie is the master or organic pie making so this shouldn't be too hard.
26. Design a collection. This has been a long time goal of mine, cannot wait to get started...so many ideas!

Thanks for reading! xoxo

Birthday Update: In case you were wondering my birthday wish list worked! I scored the bunny sweater, new chucks and hot rollers!!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I am definitely on the same healthy goal setting path.

    Love the teepee goal, I hope that manifests for you this year!

    ReplyDelete